Tuesday, February 8, 2011

life on the red carpet is good

No, I did not attend the Golden Globes-- that's next year that I'll be nominated.  However, I did receive an invitation to a semi-formal which one of the roommates was also going to.  Our only wish was that our honorary roommates and the other roommate could have gone with us.  Still, we were treated like celebrities getting our hair and make up done.  Best part, it was FREE!  This is simply due to the fact that our friends are just more talented than anybody else's.  Sorry anybody else.  We didn't get too many shots but here are a few of the final outcomes.


Although I continued to joke the entire night that I personally dyed the fabric and sewed it together to make my dress, I sadly did not.  It was another find from a local boutique in Boone, The Lucky Penny.  It is the best.  Because I have never particularly loved asymmetrical or at least felt that it looked good on me, I didn't expect to like this when I pulled it off the rack.  And being a lover of color, I had to find some way to put some in this outfit too.  Enter firetruck red lipstick.

**Awesome tip from our personal make up artist: put a bit of foundation on your lips and let it dry before putting on any lipstick.  Or you can just go over it with clear gloss and it will give you great nude lips.
  [dress: The Lucky Penny, bracelet/cuff: borrowed, shoes: borrowed]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog