Saturday, February 25, 2012

Design by Numbers: Lord of the Rings

Since last year, there have definitely been some big changes in my life, a few I've already mentioned.  But probably the biggest one that I forgot to acknowledge was declaring/changing my major!  Since originally transferring to Appalachian, I've known that I want to eventually work as a stylist or fashion editor for a magazine.  That doesn't mean I was clear on what major would best lead me to that career.  After originally being a Fashion Merchandising and Design minor, I finally made the plunge to become a major!  So because I'm a junior, I dove right into all of the classes (lots of pool analogies here).  Last semester I took a basic construction class, which then lead to a flat pattern design class for the spring.  I'll be the first to admit I am not the best seamstress.  My favorite part of the class is actually the 5 designs we have to turn in every week with different inspirations or requirements.  I never would have thought I have the creativity to constantly stream completely new ideas for clothing, but these exercises have actually opened my mind to the idea much more recently! 
So here are a few from a couple weeks ago.  We were asked to draw inspiration from architecture, and being the nerd that I am, I chose the architecture from different cities in Lord of the Rings...




I was nervous to share these, because I am typically not one to shove my drawings in others faces, but since it's your computer I thought it would be alright.  

Is there an inspiration you guys find your self constantly using?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog